The Flow of drupal through the system layers:-
- At the base of the system is the collection of node it is the data pool. Before anything can be displayed on the site, it must be input as data.
- The next layer up is where modules live. Modules are functional plugins. Modules build on Drupal's core functionality. There are thousands of different options within the fast-growing repository of contributed Drupal modules. They represent the innovation and collaborative effort of everyone from individuals to large corporations.
- At the next layer found are blocks and menus. Blocks often provide the output from a module or can be created to display whatever developer wants.
- Next are user permissions. This is where settings are configured to determine what different kinds of users are allowed to do and see. Permissions are defined for various roles, and in turn, users are assigned to these roles in order to grant them the defined permissions.
- On the top layer is the site theme -the "skin". This is made up predominantly of XHTML and CSS, with some PHP variables intermixed, so Drupal-generated content can go in the appropriate spotsThe original creator and project lead for the Drupal open source web publishing and collaboration platform, Dries Buytaert was full of optimism and enthusiasm for the coming year.
Here are some of the predictions on Drupal this 2012.
- As Drupal gains in popularity, the number of developers/shops getting involved will increase, and the Drupal ecosystem on the whole will expand greatly. However, there could be a danger that individual companies who don't invest in marketing may actually see fewer clients as a result. Marketing will be a much larger focus of the business community in 2012.
- 2012 will be the year of the Drupal entrepreneur. Drupal companies who specialize in one particular aspect, such as Pantheon, Drupal Commerce, and Tag1 Consulting have seen a lot of success or promise in 2011, but there are many more niches to fill, and many niches that have plenty of room for multiple companies.
- Drupal, with a revamped administrative interface, is well suited for web applications of any kind from web logs (blogs) and micro sites to collaborative social communities. Drupal sports a new user interface, accessibility improvements, better image handling capabilities, support for rich content metadata, security features, scalability and database interoperability enhancements and automated tests to ensure stability.
- Drupal developers might experiment with more of a client/server model. That is, people will use distributions as a way to sell different kinds of hosted services.
- Usability is still the number one reason people choose competing solutions to Drupal. Not because the existing features are hard to use — usability of Drupal was vastly improved in Drupal 7 — but because of lack of out-of-the-box features, such as content workflow and content staging tools, accurate content previews, WYSIWYG, media handling, and scheduling.
team of Drupal developer can provide end-to-end services in
Web development using Drupal software for professional and large scale applications.