Friday, November 4, 2011

Drupal Community - Klaus Purer

Klaus Purer is a member of the Drupal community who has been recently been extremely active with project applications. How active? In the last 30 days he has commented on almost twice as many projects as the next most prolific commenter. Even though he just got involved in the last month, he's tied for most reviews of the most projects in the last 6 months!

How did you get involved with Drupal?

I started to work with Drupal during my involvement with the students union at the Vienna University of Technology (Fachschaft Informatik) back in 2006. I was just a user at that time, posting articles and keeping the web site up to date. In 2008 I was looking for some work besides my computer science studies and ran into a job advertisement by jpetso. I found it very appealing because it mentioned “actively taking part in an open source project” and since I at least knew Drupal a little it was a great match. So I started at Pro.Karriere (now known as epiqo) as part time Drupal developer, I think I did my first patch for Comment CCK (porting it to Drupal 6). Another boost for my involvement was the Google Summer of Code program in 2009, where I did a project for the Rules module. Fago was a great mentor (and still is today).

More information about  Klaus Purer

No comments:

Post a Comment